- n one who works hard at boring tasks
- n a politician who belongs to a small clique that controls a political party for private rather than public ends
- n a mediocre and disdained writer
- n a tool (as a hoe or pick or mattock) used for breaking up the surface of the soil
- n a car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money
- n an old or over-worked horse
- n a horse kept for hire
- n a saddle horse used for transportation rather than sport etc.
- v cut with a hacking tool
- v be able to manage or manage successfully
I can't hack it anymore
- v cut away
he hacked his way through the forest
- v kick on the arms
- v kick on the shins
- v fix a computer program piecemeal until it works
I'm not very good at hacking but I'll give it my best
- v significantly cut up a manuscript
- v cough spasmodically
The patient with emphysema is hacking all day
- Life hacks are often about speed.
- The decision by Britain's Court of Appeal to allow the extradition of alleged cyber-hacker Gary McKinnon is one that takes some decoding.
- The July 30 decision by Britain's Court of Appeal to allow the extradition of alleged cyber-hacker Gary McKinnon is one that takes some decoding.
News & Articles
- Stuntwoman sues News Corp. over alleged phone hack
Stuntwoman sues News Corp. over alleged phone hack Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 1:28 pm, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 Siegel, who has represented Sept. 11 victims' families in civil cases, sent a letter nearly two years ago to the FBI demanding an inquiry into whether 9/11 ...
June 18, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Angelina Jolie's stuntwoman sues News Corp. over alleged phone hack
The woman has sued News Corp. in Los Angeles, claiming she's a victim of a phone hacking scheme to obtain information about Jolie
June 18, 2013 - CBS News
- Google finds hack attempts on eve of Iran election
Google finds hack attempts on eve of Iran election (AP) — Google said Wednesday that it has discovered and stopped a series of attempts to hack the accounts of tens of thousands of Iranian users in what the company believes is an attempt to influence the country's upcoming election. The relatively routine phishing attempts direct users to phony account maintenance pages where they are asked to ...
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Bill Cunningham in 940 News
Now we have a hack, Chicago-style Daley politician who is picturing himself as change. When he gets done with you, all you're going to have in your pocket is change,Cunningham said as the audience laughed.
- Mikko Hypponen in FOX News
The bottom line is you couldn't use a vulnerability like this to write a worm or hack a Vista system remotely,Hypponen said Tuesday. "It only has historical significance in that it's the first reported vulnerability that also affects...
- Jesper Parnevik in Gulf Daily News
He's a complete hack monster but he called me last night and said he played the round of his life,Parnevik said.