- n temporary loss of strength and energy resulting from hard physical or mental work
he was hospitalized for extreme fatigue
growing fatigue was apparent from the decline in the execution of their athletic skills
- n used of materials (especially metals) in a weakened state caused by long stress
- n (always used with a modifier) boredom resulting from overexposure to something
he was suffering from museum fatigue
after watching TV with her husband she had a bad case of football fatigue
the American public is experiencing scandal fatigue
- n labor of a nonmilitary kind done by soldiers (cleaning or digging or draining or so on)
the soldiers were put on fatigue to teach them a lesson
they were assigned to kitchen fatigues
- v lose interest or become bored with something or somebody
- v exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- What the researchers believe explains the improvement is fatigue or more precisely, what the fatigue represents.
- These are very clearly the result of a reduction in staffing, a decline in experience, and an increase in the use of employee overtime, which leads to increased fatigue.
- Some years ago a German physician reported that workers in the mines could be relieved from fatigue by small doses of sodium phosphate.
News & Articles
- France Telecom's CEO in hospital ahead of court decision
PARIS (Reuters) - France Telecom chief executive Stephane Richard was hospitalised for fatigue on Wednesday after two days of questioning by police in a probe of a 2008 arbitration case that resulted in ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Touré On ‘Proper Negro Fatigue’: No Matter How Good I Am At It, ‘I Still Know I May End Up Dead’
During a monologue on Monday regarding the racial elements of the controversial “stop-and-frisk” policing practices and the trail of George Zimmerman , MSNBC host Touré said that he is tiring of feeling like he and other African-Americans have to maintain a pattern of behavior that whites do not. He called it “proper negro fatigue” and added that, no matter how good he is at presenting himself ...
June 10, 2013 - Mediaite
- Fatigue Affects Baseball Players' Strike-Zone Judgment: Study
Title: Fatigue Affects Baseball Players' Strike-Zone Judgment: Study Category: Health News Created: 6/4/2013 6:36:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 6/5/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 6, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- Justine Henin in TSN
My nerves were simply not strong enough,Henin said. "I felt very nervous, very upset, which is normally not the way I am. Maybe today I was feeling some nervous fatigue. Maybe that nervous fatigue prevented me from seeing things in a...
- Phil Jackson in The Associated Press
With the Boston team obviously I saw Garnett fatigue,coach Phil Jackson said. "And that's been one of the issues we've had all the way through this series, is run him hard and keep running him if you get a chance because fatigue will...
- John McCain in International Herald Tribune
All we have achieved are remarkably similar newspaper accounts of our inflated sense of the drama of this display and our own temporary physical fatigue,said Sen. John McCain, presidential candidate and the top Republican on the Armed...