fatigues : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n military uniform worn by military personnel when doing menial labor
- n temporary loss of strength and energy resulting from hard physical or mental work
- n used of materials (especially metals) in a weakened state caused by long stress
- n (always used with a modifier) boredom resulting from overexposure to something
- n labor of a nonmilitary kind done by soldiers (cleaning or digging or draining or so on)
they were assigned to kitchen fatigues
- v lose interest or become bored with something or somebody
- v exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- Men in clean, dark green fatigues organize would-be recruits.
- It showed a plump, middle-aged man wearing combat fatigues and a forage cap and sporting a thick beard streaked with grey.
- Whether it is a red tie peeking out of his formal suits during official state visits, a red beret topping the olive fatigues he often wears as a tribute to his military background .
News & Articles
- Army veteran charged in fatal stabbing of South Side man
A Zion man who was described by his lawyer as an Army veteran and National Guardsman was ordered held in lieu of $2 million bail Tuesday for a 2011 fatal stabbing on the Far South Side. Michael Shegog, now 34, was seen in Karrieem Dixon’s car wearing Army fatigues on Dec. 14, 2011 — the last time Dixon’s family saw him, Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Amanda Pillsbury said. When police ...
June 11, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Valor Games help veterans battle through injuries
Ryan Sykes stares intently at his computer, scrolling through photos where a rugged-looking man, wearing fatigues and often carrying a weapon, poses in mountainous terrain. "That's who I am," Sykes says in a halting voice. "I'm trying to be that same guy."
June 11, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Clarence Thomas, campus radical?
He wore a black beret and army fatigues, warned people that a revolution was coming and memorized the speeches of Malcolm X.
June 10, 2013 - CNN
- Thomas Paine in WOOD-TV
As Thomas Paine said in 1777, "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
- Josh Lewsey in ic Wales
Sport can be a cruel thing but I will get behind the team. We started this on June 24 in military fatigues (on a training camp with the Royal Marines) and I am not going home yet,said Lewsey. "Ultimately what matters this weekend is that...
- Jeff Lebo in AUtigers.com (subscription)
Fortson is terrific,Lebo says. "He's got a motor, too. You talk about a guy that never stops, never fatigues and never gets tired. He's outstanding at getting into the paint, using his body, jumping into you, scoring in traffic. He kind of...