- n the basic unit of money in Great Britain and Northern Ireland; equal to 100 pence
- n something for something; that which a party receives (or is promised) in return for something he does or gives or promises
- n a wad of something chewable as tobacco
- Investigators want to know if Denise's contributions led to a direct quid pro quo exchange for her ex-husband's pardon.
- People who gave 20 quid ($35) got a credit on the film's website; those who gave 5,000 ($9,000) and up will get a percentage of the profits, if there are any.
- But, McGeary writes, this appears to be the first description of a repeated, explicit quid pro quo between bin Laden and a Saudi official.
News & Articles
- Jane Austen Could Be the New Face of the Ten Pound Note
A portrait of Jane Austen Author Jane Austen, one of Britain's most successful exports (besides gin and the English language), could be the new face of the 10 quid note, reports The Guardian . The beloved British novelist is "quietly waiting in the wings," Sir Mervyn King, the retiring governor of the Bank of England, told the Treasury select committee. The announcement comes amidst uproar over ...
June 25, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Online War Erupts as Bridal Couple Rejects Food Basket Gift
Emily Post Institute Says Wedding Gifts Are No Quid Pro Quo
June 21, 2013 - Good Morning America via Yahoo! News
- President Bush in USA Today
President Bush said Tuesday that he "strongly supported" British Prime Minister Tony Blair's "declaration that there should be no quid pro quos" to gain the release of the British crewmembers, who were seized by Iranian forces in the Persian...
- John Boehner in USA Today
Signaling what could erupt into a brutal fight with Democrats over add-ons, Boehner said that "efforts to exploit this crisis for political leverage or partisan quid pro quo will only delay the economic stability that families, seniors, and small...
- Condoleezza Rice in Reuters Canada
This is not an issue of quid pro quo. We are working with these states to fight back extremism,said Rice, who spoke to reporters both en route to Egypt and before leaving Washington.