- n an upright hydrant for drawing water to use in fighting a fire
- So why do I keep coming back to the fireplug from Vermont? No, I'm not cynically trying to engineer a Bush landslide.
- All of them have an advocate in Kostin, 44, a fireplug of a man whose Vandyke beard and fervor suggest a Russian revolutionary one from back before the whole thing went sour.
- City-room funsters showed less restraint in gags about the contents of the next Sputnik (a fireplug) or a quote from Laika's earthbound boy friend ("Someone up there loves me").
News & Articles
- The Biz: The Five's Bob Beckel Celebrates 500 Episodes
These days, it's not easy being the lone liberal commentator on Fox News Channel's daily ensemble chat show The Five (5/4c). With the recent stream of Obama administration scandals, co-host Bob Beckel says he has often felt like the only fireplug at the Westminster Dog Show.
June 19, 2013 - TV Guide
- Aaron Glenn in Forbes
He's a little fireplug. When he gets a chance to get out there and do something, you can see the energy in him,veteran cornerback Aaron Glenn said. "He just loves to play. When you have that type of energy, it trickles down to everybody."
- Chuck James in MLB.com
Chuck's a big-energy guy, even though he's not tall in stature,said Pratt of James, who's listed at 6-foot-0. "He's very aggressive, very fireplug. I just said, 'Hey, relax.' Chuck's all right. Chuck's going to be all right."
- Ron Duguay in New York Daily News
I see what's missing on the ice, and he's that extra fireplug,Duguay said at an Ice Hockey in Harlem fund-raiser held at the ESPN Zone in Times Square. "He energizes the team, whether you like him or you don't like him."