firepower : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (military) the relative capacity for delivering fire on a target
- Other than giving them more firepower, police departments around the country don't think they have a lot of other bright ideas to combat the recent spike in cop killings.
- After an investment of $20 billion, the V-22 Osprey arrives in Iraq to make its combat debut lacking both firepower and the ability to land safely.
- But street criminals are interested almost exclusively in semiautomatics, preferring their superior firepower.
News & Articles
- Robert Downey Jr. Is the New Face of HTC [REPORT]
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC is looking to boost slumping sales by hiring some Hollywood firepower to pitch its products. Bloomberg reports that the struggling company has hired actor Robert Downey Jr. for a two-year marketing deal to promote the brand …
June 21, 2013 - WebProNews
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Monsters University'
A dozen years after the wildly popular "Monsters, Inc." was released, Disney offers another look at the iconic characters in "Monsters University." The premise isn't quite as fresh as when the original film was released in 2001, but Pixar's animators have a lot more technological firepower to work with. The ...
June 21, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Vallejo Admirals win league home opener 6-4
The Vallejo Admirals provided some early firepower and close calls, and inside pitches caused late fireworks as the first-year club emerged with a 6-4 win in its home opener league game against rival San Rafael.
June 19, 2013 - Vallejo Times-Herald
- Joachim Loew in The Associated Press
I said before that Spain is the team with the most (best) organization, with the best attacking power, with the best firepower,Loew said. "They've been together for a very long time, also. They know each other inside out. As far as Spain's...
- Chuck Hagel in Santa Cruz Sentinel
When you flood the zone with superior American military firepower, and you put 30,000 of the world's best troops in a country, there's going to be a result there,Hagel said.
- John Kerry in International Herald Tribune
If you've just got one patrol boat and it chases guys in and people go ashore without enough firepower, without knowing what they're up against, you can get into a lot of trouble,Kerry said.