- n a storm in which violent winds are drawn into the column of hot air rising over a severely bombed area
- n an outburst of controversy
the incident triggered a political firestorm
- That paradox was on display once again this week in the firestorm that swept India following a seemingly innocuous and obviously staged celebrity kiss on the cheek at an .
- What they sparked instead was a virtually instantaneous firestorm of criticism from Muslim leaders around the world.
- A stylist hypothesized in the Inquirer article about the steps taken to attain her look, and a firestorm of online comments followed, including these two:.
News & Articles
- House revises abortion bill after rape controversy
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans have modified a tough anti-abortion bill to include exceptions for rape and incest after the GOP sponsor of the legislation raised a firestorm by declaring that very few rapes result in pregnancies.
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Controversial Cheerios Ad Gets Spoofed With a Lesbian Twist
A spoof of the controversial Cheerios ad that set off a firestorm of reactions about race two weeks ago, just made the debate murkier by replacing the interracial heterosexual couple with an interracial lesbian one, while challenging viewers to find a problem with it.
June 14, 2013 - The Christian Post
- House revises abortion bill after rape comment controversy
WASHINGTON — House Republicans have modified a tough anti-abortion bill to include exceptions for rape and incest after the GOP sponsor of the legislation raised a firestorm by declaring that very few rapes result in pregnancies.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Barack Obama in ABC Online
In a blog post on the Huffington Post website, Senator Obama says Rev Wright had "touched off a firestorm" with "some inflammatory and appalling remarks he made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents."
- John Cornyn in Guardian Unlimited
I've told the attorney general that I think this has been mishandled, that by giving inaccurate information ...... at the outset, it's caused a real firestorm, and he better get the facts out fast,said Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas.
- Lincoln Chafee in MiamiHerald.com
They've just thrown this firestorm, this tornado, into the whole presidential election,Chafee said in response to an audience member's question about whether the Obama campaign should worry about Palin's presence in the race.