- n tall North American perennial with creeping rootstocks and narrow leaves and spikes of pinkish-purple flowers occurring in great abundance in burned-over areas or recent clearings; an important honey plant
- n an American weedy plant with small white or greenish flowers
- Homemade breakfasts include local delicacies like fireweed honey and salmonberry jam.
- They tussled with the Mexican fireweed that had got into the oats, stopped to oil the binder, took a swig from the canvas water jug, worked on.
- Monkshood and fireweed were other prominent indicators of sites.
- Bill Holm in Seattle Times
Traditionally, our people collected the fur off the bushes in the summer time when [the mountain goats] shed,Bill said by phone from Bellingham. "The original blankets were a mix of mountain-goat wool, cattail fluff and fireweed fluff...