bound : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a line determining the limits of an area
- n the line or plane indicating the limit or extent of something
- n the greatest possible degree of something
what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior
- n a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
- v move forward by leaps and bounds
The horse bounded across the meadow
- v form the boundary of; be contiguous to
- v place limits on (extent or access)
- v spring back; spring away from an impact
- v stick to firmly
- v create social or emotional ties
- v make fast; tie or secure, with or as if with a rope
- v wrap around with something so as to cover or enclose
- v secure with or as if with ropes
- v bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted
- v provide with a binding
- v fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
- v form a chemical bond with
- v cause to be constipated
- a confined by bonds
bound and gagged hostages
- a held with another element, substance or material in chemical or physical union
- a secured with a cover or binding; often used as a combining form
- s (usually followed by `to') governed by fate
bound to happen
- s covered or wrapped with a bandage
an injury bound in fresh gauze
- s headed or intending to head in a certain direction; often used as a combining form as in `college-bound students'
children bound for school
- s bound by an oath
a bound official
- s bound by contract
- s confined in the bowels
he is bound in the belly
- They Furnish FunA pleasant combination sandwich is to be found in: a shady spot, a long-chair, a lazy feeling, tobacco and a bound volume of some.
- It's a simple pocket notebook: buff-colored, 5 cm x 8 cm, spiral-bound at the top.
- His hands and feet were bound, and his T shirt had been pulled over his head.
News & Articles
- Aces and Eights Should Be in TNA Bound for Glory Series
COMMENTARY | The TNA Bound for Glory Series is a professional wrestling tournament in which 12 wrestlers compete in a series of matches over several months to determine who receives a World Heavyweight title shot at the Bound for Glory pay-per-view, TNA's biggest event of the year.
June 13, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Man bound over in death of Shoshoni man
A 45-year-old man charged with second degree murder in the death last month of a Shoshoni man has been bound over for trial in district court.
June 13, 2013 - KGWN-TV Cheyenne
- Shoshoni Murder Suspect Bound Over June 12th, 2013
A Shoshoni man was bound over to Lander District Court Wednesday afternoon on charges he murdered another Shoshoni man. 45-year old Shey Elan Bruce was bound over on one count of second degree murder and one count of domestic violence battery.
June 12, 2013 - KCWY Casper
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Guardian Unlimited
As long as we are firmly bound together, the treacherous separatist terrorist attacks will never reach their goal,Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in a message ahead of Oct. 29 celebrations marking the 84th anniversary of the Turkish republic.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
Now, Russia has, as the chairman said, issued a unilateral statement expressing its view. But that is not an agreed-upon view. That is not in the treaty,Clinton said. "It's the equivalent of a press release. And we are not in any way bound...
- Aung San Suu Kyi in Reuters
I expect that this phase of preliminary consultation will conclude soon, so that a meaningful and time-bound dialogue with the SPDC leadership can start as early as possible,Suu Kyi said in her statement.