articled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v bind by a contract; especially for a training period
- s bound by contract
- The thirty-six-articled decree, clear, direct, robust, imposes a fine of 500 pesos or 15 days' imprisonment on non-Mexican-born clerics whenever they perform "a religious act .
- On the vessels to which Engineer-Author McFee was articled, there would be good conversation and perhaps some light drinking in the officers' quarters.
- Before the War, he had failed as an articled clerk, done fairly as a London actor.
News & Articles
- Daily Mail to Pay $200K to Psychic Sally Morgan in Libel Suit
The Daily Mail settled with British celebrity psychic, Sally Morgan, after she filed suit over an articled published in 2011 in which the newspaper alleged she wore an earpiece during a theater performance in Dublin. "The article thereby suggested that Mrs. Morgan had deliberately and dishonestly perpetrated a scam on her audience in Dublin,” the suit stated. Morgan claimed the article suggested ...
June 20, 2013 - Opposing Views