leap : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
- n an abrupt transition
a successful leap from college to the major leagues
- n a sudden and decisive increase
- n the distance leaped (or to be leaped)
a leap of 10 feet
- v move forward by leaps and bounds
The child leapt across the puddle
- v pass abruptly from one state or topic to another
leap into fame
- v jump down from an elevated point
the widow leapt into the funeral pyre
- v cause to jump or leap
- The best way for GM to answer its critics is with a green leap forward and the company is working with every available technology.
- Every leap year, modern calendars are expanded to include an extra day.
- If 2008 seemed long, that's because it was a leap second longer than 2007.
News & Articles
- Panel: No irregularities in LEAP Academy's food-service contract
A subcommittee of the LEAP Academy University Charter School charged with looking into the Camden school's food-service contract has found no irregularities in the choice of a new vendor for the 2012-13 year, according to a board statement.
June 15, 2013 - Philly.com
- Scott Leap sunglasses - in brief review
Scott’s Leap sunglasses are their best sports model to date, bearing an uncanny resemblance to the Oakley Radars – which is no bad thing in our view. The fit is exceptionally good, with the twin-radius curved arms giving a perfect three-point fit while the soft rubber nosepiece means there’s no bounce at all no matter how rough the ride gets. Helmet strap compatibility is spot on too. The lens ...
June 14, 2013 - BikeRadar
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Stocks Leap On Easing Fed Worries, Upbeat Data
MARKET SNAPSHOT: Stocks Leap On Easing Fed Worries, Upbeat Data
June 13, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Steve Jobs in ITWeb
iPhone 4 is the biggest leap since the original iPhone,said Jobs. "FaceTime video calling sets a new standard for mobile communication, and our new Retina display is the highest resolution display ever in a phone, with text looking like it...
- Jean-Claude Trichet in BusinessWeek
There is a need for a quantum leap in the governance of the euro area,Trichet said in an interview with Spiegel magazine published on the ECB website.
- Carlos Bocanegra in The Associated Press
He's got a great leap. He's really good in the air. He's powerful and fast,Bocanegra said. "He spearheads their attack."