- n the season of growth
the emerging buds were a sure sign of spring
he will hold office until the spring of next year
- n a metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed
the spring was broken
- n a natural flow of ground water
- n a point at which water issues forth
- n the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
- n a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
- v move forward by leaps and bounds
- v develop into a distinctive entity
- v spring back; spring away from an impact
- v develop suddenly
- v produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly
- Winter may still be months away, but spring is already in the air--in New York City, at least, where more than 200 designers last week unveiled their latest looks for spring 2006.
- Either way, New York designers are making a big statement for spring with unusual prints.
- Winter may still be a while away, but spring is already in the airin New York City, at least, where more than 200 designers last month unveiled their latest looks for spring .
News & Articles
- Spring Lake Heritage Festival on Tuesday
Gallery Spring Lake Heritage Festival on Tuesday Marie Havenga Jun 11, 2013 Teaser: Tuesday was all about tracks to the past at the Spring Lake Heritage Festival.
June 12, 2013 - Grand Haven Tribune
- Spring City man donates to community, asks for little in return
SPRING CITY - After giving quite a bit to his community over the past few years, Raymond Megay really doesn't ask for a lot. When he donated money for the memorial at the Liberty Steam Fire Company, Megay only requested that he be allowed to raise the first flag there in memory of his wife, Betty. Most recently, when he donated the money to purchase bikes and uniforms for the Spring City Police ...
June 12, 2013 - The Mercury
- Spring Hill College softball staff earns national award
The Spring Hill College softball coaching staff has been named the 2013 National Fastpitch Coaches Association national coaching staff of the year in the NAIA.
June 12, 2013 - Mobile Press-Register
- Vladimir Putin in International Herald Tribune
On the seashore you can enjoy a fine spring day, but up in the mountains, it's winter,Putin said. "A real snow is guaranteed."
- Steve Jobs in Computerworld
Just like I didn't lose this much weight and body mass in a week or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this spring to regain it,Jobs said. "I will continue as Apple's CEO during my recovery."
- Harmon Killebrew in The Associated Press
I talked to Jim quite a bit when I was in spring training,Killebrew said from Arizona after Thome's first homer. "I told him, 'Don't feel bad if you pass me up, because I passed up a lot of guys in my career.'"