- n a natural flow of ground water
- n a sudden rapid flow (as of water)
she attacked him with an outpouring of words
- n the pouring forth of a fluid
- n the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
- n a large flow
- Benazir Bhutto's killing sparks riots and inspires a massive outpouring of grief.
- At his death on March 1, 1953, there was a mass outpouring of grief; at a 1956 Party Congress, successor Nikita Khrushchev denounced him as a murderer.
- Another outpouring: "I suppose I'll open a bottle of something if they find it.
News & Articles
- Together for Troutville recaps Trail Days
Together for Troutville, Inc. (T4T) hosted the 2nd Annual Troutville Trail Days on June 7-9, 2013. This second year event was a huge success. The Appalachian Trail hikers and our community celebrated the trail with an outpouring of participation. Our Trail Days banner hung proudly across Rt. 11 for weeks prior to the event thanks [...]
June 12, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Georgia Goes on PR Offensive over Afghanistan
Wounded in Afghanistan by both weapons and words, Georgia appears to be busy with damage-control for its participation in the NATO-led mission there. A June 6 truck-bomb attack that killed seven Georgian soldiers, the deadliest such incident to date for Georgian forces in Afghanistan, has sparked an unprecedented outpouring of domestic criticism of the Afghan campaign. With a presidential ...
June 12, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Outpouring of support continues for Terrilynn Monette
Katie Moore / Eyewitness News Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @katiecmoore NEW ORLEANS -- Family members of teacher Terrilynn Monette spent the day making arrangements for her funeral. Meantime, questions persisted about how she ended up in her car in Bayou St. John. The outpouring of love and support for Monette’s family continued Tuesday with a stream of people still gathering throughout ...
June 11, 2013 - WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans
- Barack Obama in CTV.ca
The outpouring of love, gratitude and fond memories to which we have all borne witness is a testament to the way this singular figure in American history touched so many lives,Obama said. "His ideas and ideals are stamped on scores of laws...
- Betty Ford in USA Today
My family and I are touched beyond words by the outpouring of affection and the many wonderful tributes we have received following the death of my husband,Betty Ford said, according to Willard.
- Nicholas Negroponte in Forbes
In the past 10 days, we've experienced an outpouring of support from the public that is truly gratifying and encouraging,said Nicholas Negroponte, the program's founder.