- n a movement back from an impact
- n a reaction to a crisis or setback or frustration
he is still on the rebound from his wife's death
- n the act of securing possession of the rebounding basketball after a missed shot
- v spring back; spring away from an impact
- v return to a former condition
- The rebound principle apparently works in matters of business as well as affairs of the heart.
- China's incipient rebound relies on a timeworn stimulus formula: upping the ante on infrastructure spending to support growth in anticipation of a return of global demand for .
- China's economic rebound is driving record prices for Hong Kong's luxury apartments.
News & Articles
- Boeing Bets on Jumbo Rebound While Some 747-8s in Desert
Boeing Co. said demand for the 747-8 jumbo jet, its largest and most-expensive model, will rebound even as the company scales back production and puts some new planes into desert storage.
June 16, 2013 - Bloomberg
- 'Wonderful people' aid rebound
'Wonderful people' aid rebound Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 8:35 pm, Saturday, June 15, 2013 Residents of this small village soaked up the damage Saturday from a severe thunderstorm that overwhelmed creeks, flooded up to 20 homes, closed roads and shops and traumatized some ...
June 16, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Stocks Rebound After Tokyo Drop
Asian stocks rebound from Nikkei drop; stronger US data encourage traders
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- Steve Kerr in International Herald Tribune
We ran when Kurt Thomas was here. He got the rebound, and everybody else ran down the court,Kerr said. "We're still going to run, but we feel like we'll have a better halfcourt team."
- Alain Belda in News 10NBC
Market fundamentals remain strong and we are well positioned to boost returns when the North American and European economies rebound,Alcoa Chairman and Chief Executive Alain Belda said in a statement.
- Mitch Kupchak in Leading The Charge
We're extremely pleased to be able to make this trade,Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a statement. "Pau is a proven player of All-Star caliber in this league who can score and rebound and is still a young player. We feel this...