- n a line that indicates a boundary
- n the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary
- n the boundary of a surface
- n a decorative recessed or relieved surface on an edge
- n a strip forming the outer edge of something
the rug had a wide blue border
- v extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle
- v form the boundary of; be contiguous to
- v enclose in or as if in a frame
- v provide with a border or edge
- v lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
- Private citizens are deputizing themselves as border patrollers to capture illegal aliens pouring across from Mexico in record numbers.
- The US is erecting miles of new fences along much of the Mexican border.
- But it looks to be more palatable to House Republicans, many of whom have opposed creating a guest worker program before new border crackdowns have been given a chance to work.
News & Articles
- Border Towers Help Keep Saudi Stimulus at Home Amid Migrant Flow
From a new stone tower on the border with Yemen, Saudi soldiers send out patrols in search of smugglers carrying drugs or weapons. They’re also trying to turn back a growing wave of illegal migrants drawn to the biggest economy in an Arab world rocked by political turmoil.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Border Drones Fly Into Fight Over Immigration
The immigration bill now under consideration by the Senate calls for drones to patrol the U.S. border 24/7. Supporters say that means more drones are needed. But critics argue there's no evidence the drones already flying are cost-effective.
June 11, 2013 - NPR
- Border Patrol union quiet on immigration bill debate
They bill themselves as "the real border security experts," but the National Border Patrol Council — the union representing U.S. Border Patrol agents — has been uniquely silent as Congress prepares to debate immigration. Unions representing the other two branches of immigration officers, the interior enforcement agents and the adjudicators ...
June 11, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
We cannot tolerate a terrorist sanctuary, and as President, I won't. We need a stronger and sustained partnership between Afghanistan, Pakistan and NATO to secure the border, to take out terrorist camps, and to crack down on cross-border... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA IBNLive.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ibnlive.com/news/pakistan-turning-into-terror-sanctuary-obama/68920-2.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGT26_1mPhajDU9N0jpZeIVwWwwiQ Jul 15, 2008
11762 16208 border I feel very strongly we have a co-responsibility," Clinton told reporters, adding: "Our insatiable demand for illegal drugs fuels the drug trade. Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these...