march : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the month following February and preceding April
- n the act of marching; walking with regular steps (especially in a procession of some kind)
it was a long march
we heard the sound of marching
- n a steady advance
the march of science
the march of time
- n a procession of people walking together
the march went up Fifth Avenue
- n district consisting of the area on either side of a border or boundary of a country or an area
the Welsh marches between England and Wales
- n genre of music written for marching
Sousa wrote the best marches
- n a degree granted for the successful completion of advanced study of architecture
- v march in a procession
- v force to march
The Japanese marched their prisoners through Manchuria
- v walk fast, with regular or measured steps; walk with a stride
He marched into the classroom and announced the exam
The soldiers marched across the border
- v march in protest; take part in a demonstration
- v walk ostentatiously
- v cause to march or go at a marching pace
They marched the mules into the desert
- v lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
England marches with Scotland
- Goose-stepping Nazis have long marched smartly to the brassy, thumpy music of the Badenweiler march.
News & Articles
- Lou. man charged with March bank robbery
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A Louisville man has been arrested for allegedly robbing a local bank in March. According to police, Daniel Whelan robbed the BB&T Bank in the 3400 block of Taylor Boulevard on March 20, 2013. Police said he walked in, demanded money from a teller and repeatedly stated "I don't want to hurt nobody." After receiving an unknown amount of money, police said Whelan fled. Whelan is ...
June 20, 2013 - WHAS TV11 Louisville
- Libertarians Plan Toy Gun March to Protest "Dangerous Gun Free Zones"
Libertarian gun proponents plan to march in Washington, D.C. on July 3 bearing toy water guns in protest of ongoing efforts to increase gun control, according to Politico. The libertarian activists initially organized the march to counter a separate march with members bearing real guns that would serve as an act of “civil disobedience” and occur on July 4, according to USA Today. The ...
June 19, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Egypt current a/c deficit shrinks in fiscal year to March
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's current account deficit narrowed in July-March, supported by stronger tourism revenues and a shrinking trade deficit, data showed on Wednesday. The current account deficit shrank in the nine months to end-March to $3.9 billion compared to $7.1 billion in the nine months to March 2012, the central bank said in a statement. Offering slight respite to an economy hurt by ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Osama bin Laden in Ottawa Citizen
I tell every young man among the youth of Islam: it is your duty to join the caravan until the sufficiency is complete and the march to aid the High and Omnipotent continues,said Mr. bin Laden.
- Brett Favre in USA Today
Them moving on does not bother me,Favre said. "It doesn't. I totally understand that. By me retiring March 3rd, I knew that could possibly happen. All I was saying is, you know, I'm thinking about playing again."
- Raymond Kelly in WCBS-TV New York
It appears from some of his other activities that March is when he decided to put this plan in motion,Kelly said.