- n something that hinders as if with bonds
- v stick to firmly
- v create social or emotional ties
- v make fast; tie or secure, with or as if with a rope
The Chinese would bind the feet of their women
- v wrap around with something so as to cover or enclose
- v secure with or as if with ropes
- v bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted
- v provide with a binding
bind the books in leather
- v fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
- v form a chemical bond with
The hydrogen binds the oxygen
- v cause to be constipated
- The man facing a death sentence for converting to Christianity has put President Karzai in a bind.
- In a changing society facing all manner of new challenges, volunteers are helping bind America together.
- Influenza A viruses the type that can cause pandemics use a protein called hemagglutinin to bind to the cells of their animal hosts.
News & Articles
- The 60 Greatest TV Families of All Time
Family ties bind us. We invite TV dynasties into the middle of our full houses (upstairs, downstairs) for happy days and good times. Watching married-with-children characters one day at a time becomes an all-in-the-family affair for the wonder years and brings about home improvement. That's why modern families matter and can take us to seventh heaven.
June 12, 2013 - TV Guide
- Michael Jordan comparisons a disservice to LeBron James’ wide-reaching game
The mythology of Michael Jordan has done wonders for the NBA as an industry, but it’s also been largely misinterpreted. Jordan was the best player the league had ever seen as well as the most ruthless, two qualities that many basketball historians bind with a causal link.
June 11, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- BIND 9 Users Should Upgrade to Most Recent Version to Avoid Remote Exploit
A remote exploit in the BIND 9 DNS software could allow hackers to trigger excessive memory use, significantly impacting the performance of DNS and other services running on the same server.
June 6, 2013 - CircleID
- Barack Obama in guardian.co.uk
We will build the roads and bridges, the electric grids and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together,Obama said. "We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories."
- President Bush in Voice of America
As the only Holocaust survivor to serve in Congress,said Mr. Bush, "Tom [Lantos] was a living reminder that we must never turn a bind eye to the suffering of the innocent at the hands of evil men."
- Terry Francona in USA Today
We'll take seveninnings, Boston manager Terry Francona said of his fifth starter. "And the way he did it, a couple of times he pitched himself into a bind by getting ahead of the hitter and walking guys. It's so nice to see him be able to...