- v place restrictions on
- v place under restrictions; limit access to
- v place limits on (extent or access)
restrict the use of this parking lot
- v make more specific
- The episode brought many unsettling issues to the fore, including loopholes that let the mentally ill buy guns, privacy laws that restrict school counselors' ability to tell others .
- It also implemented mandatory gun licenses and registration of all firearms, helping to restrict to 5% of the population the number of Australian adults who owned or used guns last .
- You can also restrict access altogether to only those you've specifically invited, though anybody will still be able to visit the site.
- Milan Smith in San Francisco Chronicle
The government lacks "the power to arrest and detain or restrict American citizens for months on end ...... merely because the government wishes to investigate them for possible wrongdoing," Judge Milan Smith, an appointee of former President...
- President Bush in ABC Online
It would restrict the CIA's range of acceptable interrogation methods to those provided in the Army Field Manual,Mr Bush said. "The procedures in this manual were designed for use by soldiers questioning lawful combatants captured on the...
- President Bush in New York Times
I am extremely concerned that this ruling will embolden state legislatures to enact further measures to restrict a woman's right to choose, and that the conservative Supreme Court justices will look for other opportunities to erode Roe v. Wade,... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Forbes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/18/ap3626814.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEWmSV_Xu1J4GH4Ragi968L9rNpnQ Apr 18, 2007
83275 110815 restricted Basic freedoms of speech, assembly and worship are severely restricted," Mr. Bush said. "Ethnic minorities are persecuted. Forced child labor, human trafficking and rape are common."