- v place limits on (extent or access)
- v restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"
- v prevent from leaving or from being removed
- v close in; darkness enclosed him"
- v deprive of freedom; take into confinement
- v to close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement
- The decision by New York to confine sex offenders beyond their prison terms places the state at the forefront of a growing national movement that is popular with politicians and .
- Instead, he was seized and confined to a dank room underneath the Juyuan Hotel with 40 other abducted petitioners.
- In the beginning, this vision was largely confined to disadvantaged neighborhoods.
News & Articles
- Free Will Astrology
ARIES (March 21-April 19): Irish poet Richard Brinsley Sheridan didn’t confine his lyrical wit to well-crafted poems on the printed page. He used it to say things that would advance his practical ambitions. For example, when he first met the woman who would eventually become his wife, he said to her, “Why don’t you come into my garden? I would like my roses to see you.” That’s the kind of ...
June 12, 2013 - San Antonio Current
- Israel signals readiness to limit settlement building for peace
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hinted on Monday that Israel was ready to confine Jewish settlement expansion to the blocs of occupied territory it wants to keep under any peace deal with the Palestinians, in a nod to U.S. efforts to revive stalled negotiations. Settlement construction was cited as a key reason for the breakdown of U.S.-sponsored peace talks in 2010, and ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Benjamin Netanyahu Signals Willingness To Freeze Settlements
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hinted on Monday that Israel was ready to confine Jewish settlement expansion to the blocs of occupied territory it wants to keep under any peace deal with the Palestinians, in a nod to U.S. efforts to revive stalled negotiations. Click here for the rest of the article...
June 10, 2013 - The Forward
- John Roberts in Washington Post
Responding to a question about judicial activism, Roberts said, "When the other branches of government exceed their constitutionally-mandated limits, the courts can act to confine them to the proper bounds. It is judicial self-restraint, however,...
- Julia Gillard in Melbourne Herald Sun
I understand from the publicity that Gordon Ramsay is a good chef,Ms Gillard said. "I think perhaps what he should do is confine himself to the kitchen and make nice things for people to eat rather than make public comments about others."
- Vladimir Putin in Malaysia Star
We should not confine ourselves to developing just one new model. After the fifth-generation fighter jet, we must think and get down to work on a next-generation, long-range aviation complex -- our new strategic missile carrier,Putin said.