- v cause to become alive again
Slavery is already dead, and cannot be resurrected
- v restore from a depressed, inactive, or unused state
He resurrected the tango in this remote part of Argentina
- v return from the dead
- There began two years of an epic publishing struggle first to resurrect the images and then to order them into a narrative.
- Many have speculated that the next step from the important work of Schuster, Miller and others will be to resurrect extinct species.
- Obama's challenge tonight will be to resurrect not only Clinton's promise but also his surge in support.
News & Articles
- Parkside students ring in a Flag Day history lesson
PARKSIDE — In an effort to resurrect the American tradition of ringing bells to commemorate the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Parkside Elementary School third graders, Friday morning, participated in a video encouraging all Americans to celebrate our freedom by ringing bells, tapping glass, or shaking keys at 2 p.m. on the Fourth of July.
June 15, 2013 - Delaware County Daily Times
- Nacogdoches Dive Team
Andrew D. Brosig/ The Daily Sentinel Members of the fledgling Nacogdoches Dive Team, from left, Jason Scorsonelli, Dusty Arreguin, Frankie Hamby, Seth Johnson and Sean Black pose with their dive boat Saturday at Fire Station No. 1 on North Street in Nacogdoches. Officials with the city and county of Nacogdoches have worked together over the past couple of years to resurrect a dive team in the ...
June 15, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Mayor looks to revive Worth lot garage talks
PORTSMOUTH — Mayor Eric Spear is attempting to resurrect the Worth lot parking garage plan from the dead.
June 14, 2013 - Portsmouth Herald
- Brett Favre in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
Now, I'm a little bit biased, obviously,Favre said. "But I think he's done everything he's been asked to do, and it's time to set a good example -- that you can resurrect not only your career, but your life. I mean, there's still a lot...
- Todd Haynes in Times Online
Haynes said: "Jude was always meant to be played by a woman. I felt it was the only way to resurrect the true strangeness of Dylan's physical being in 1966, which I felt had lost its historical shock value over the years. But of course it would take...
- Nelson Chamisa in Reuters South Africa
President Mbeki has become part of the problem ...... I don't know why he is trying to resurrect a regime that was rejected by the people,said Chamisa.