- v decree or designate beforehand
She was destined to become a great pianist
- v design or destine
- s headed or intending to head in a certain direction; often used as a combining form as in `college-bound students'
a flight destined for New York
- s (usually followed by `to') governed by fate
an old house destined to be demolished
he is destined to be famous
- RELATED ARTICLE Diamonds De Novo Brilliant and beautiful, diamonds are destined for more than just jewelry.
- In Herbert Armstrong's theology, unknown to much of his public, the British and the Americans are among the ten lost Hebrew tribes, destined to fight and succumb toa .
- Originally established in 2003 to process detainees destined for other locations, Camp Cropper now houses several thousand suspects.
News & Articles
- Could Scoreless Draw Against Costa Rica Be the Result That Sinks Mexico?
A look at the standings hardly suggests Mexico are destined to fail in their bid to qualify for a sixth successive World Cup finals. Unbeaten in six matches of CONCACAF ’s Fourth Round programme, they finished Tuesday’s 0-0 draw with Costa Rica joint top of the table with eight points, having conceded only two goals. No doubt those are the numbers Jose Manuel de la Torre will be reminding his ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Hands on with ARMA III and DayZ, PC gaming’s E3 vanguards
E3 has never been a bastion of PC gaming, but the pickings are incredibly slim at this year’s show. Sure, there’s a virtual cornucopia of console titles destined to land on PCs as part of a cross-platform push , and yeah, Sega is showing off the PC-exclusive Rome: Total War II , but after walking the floor for a couple of hours, it’s clear that pure PC gaming is pretty much relegated to two ...
June 12, 2013 - PC World
- Cleveland kidnap case: Will the 3 women have to testify to ordeal?
The three Cleveland women whom authorities say were kidnapped and suffered physical, sexual, and emotional abuse for about a decade appear destined to recount their experiences in a public courtroom, given that the man charged with the crimes plans to plead not guilty.
June 11, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Sherard Cowper-Coles in Minneapolis Star Tribune
Le Canard also reported that Cowper-Coles said "the American strategy is destined to fail" and that the presence of foreign troops in Afghanistan was "part of the problem, not the solution."
- Robert Gates in EUX.TV
But there clearly is evidence that some weapons are coming in to Afghanistan, destined for the Taliban but perhaps also for criminal elements involved in the drug-trafficking coming from Iran,Gates said.
- Padraig Harrington in SkySports
We have zero in common, bar the fact that we both play golf,Harrington told The Guardian. "He is the antithesis of me, and I am the antithesis of him. We play the game in exactly the opposite way. He is destined to find the long game easy...