oblige : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v force somebody to do something
- v bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted
- v provide a service or favor for someone
We had to oblige him
- Leonor Prez Pita, director of the Pasarela, says the show was glad to oblige.
- Ask him to play golf with a tennis racket and he will not only oblige but win.
- Fueled by noblesse oblige and municipal pride, a wealthy local won't need to squeeze the last dollar out of the business.
News & Articles
- Hank Azaria Announces Starting Lineup In Character
Hank Azaria may not have the most well-known face in Hollywood, but his voice is about as well-known as they get. The man who has brought so many of our favorite “Simpsons” characters to life will occasionally oblige fans by …
June 11, 2013 - WebProNews
- Ortiz finishes a Red Sox rally
BOSTON — David Ortiz stood in the on-deck circle as Texas intentionally walked Dustin Pedroia, hoping the move to put runners on first and second with nobody out would result in the Boston slugger grounding into a double play. Ortiz did not oblige, driving the first pitch he saw for …
June 8, 2013 - The Register-Guard
- Ortiz hits 3-run HR in 9th, Boston beats Texas 6-3
BOSTON (AP) - David Ortiz stood in the on-deck circle as Texas intentionally walked Dustin Pedroia, hoping the move to put runners on first and second with nobody out would result in the Boston slugger grounding into a double play. Ortiz did not oblige, driving the first pitch he saw for a three-run homer that lifted the Red Sox to a 6-3 victory over the Rangers on Thursday night after trailing ...
June 7, 2013 - The Nashua Telegraph
- Osama bin Laden in Navhind Times
Some of you have been lax in one duty, which is to unite your ranks,bin Laden said in the audiotape. "Beware of division ...... Muslims are waiting for you to gather under a single banner to champion righteousness. Be keen to oblige with...
- Morgan Tsvangirai in Bloomberg
This is also the time for firm diplomacy,Tsvangirai wrote. "Major powers here, such as South Africa, the US and Britain must act to remove the white-knuckle grip of Mugabe's suicidal reign and oblige him and his minions to retire."
- Anthony Kennedy in Washington Post
The bottom line, Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote, is that "the Constitution does not oblige government to avoid any public acknowledgment of religion's role in society."