- v move forward by leaps and bounds
The horse bounded across the meadow
- v form the boundary of; be contiguous to
- v place limits on (extent or access)
- v spring back; spring away from an impact
- s having the limits or boundaries established
- Like a "dope in shining armor" (his own description), a young man with a broken nose and a pair of dark glasses bounded into Manila's City Hall and plumped himself down at.
- Then, a few minutes after midnight, James Smith, a lanky Australian stand-up who has appeared on HBO's Flight of the Conchords, bounded onto the stage for a 15-minute set to do .
- The first was that two of us were to agree on the selections; and, though my admiration for Schickel is hardly bounded, and he probably doesn't mind me, no two critics will agree .
News & Articles
- Royal Poinciana PUD-5 plan approved
The Town Council approved heavily debated zoning changes Wednesday that are intended to control redevelopment in the Royal Poinciana Way business district while preserving the street’s old main-street character. The council voted 3-1 to adopt ordinances that would amend the zoning code and comprehensive plan to create a planned unit development, or PUD-5, in the five-acre block bounded by Royal ...
June 13, 2013 - Palm Beach Daily News
- Boil water order issued in parts of Broward County
A precautionary boil water order was issued Wednesday for parts of Broward County after E. coli was detected in the South Broward Regional Wellfield. Cities included in the advisory are Dania Beach, Hallandale Beach, Hollywood and Broward County Water and Wastewater Services customers in parts of Dania Beach, Hollywood, Miramar (area bounded by Pembroke Road to the north, S.R. 7 to the east ...
June 12, 2013 - Local 10 Miami
- Worcester announces street sweeping schedule
WORCESTER - Beginning today, the city's Department of Public Works and Parks will begin sweeping the areas bounded by Brooks Street, West Boylston Street, Assumption Avenue, Burncoat Street, Quinapoxet Lane, East Mountain Street and Briar Lane.
June 11, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Robbie Williams in Contactmusic.com
A friend of Williams says, "At first, Robbie stood there smirking when Pesci bounded over waving a club. But he quickly realised the seriousness of the situation and ordered his pals to move their cars. Robbie has never had any sort of dispute with...
- Brian Boitano in USA Today
I was standing in the bathroom and I'm like, 'I lost. No big deal,'Boitano said. "Christopher bounded in with that look that he's happy to see me. I'm like, 'What are you waving your head yes at?' He's like, 'You won. Your name is on that...
- Alan Whiteside in The Guardian
The main thing is to agree on a bounded period in which the entire population would live by the same rule,he said.