indentured : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v bind by or as if by indentures, as of an apprentice or servant
an indentured servant
- s bound by contract
- And since the lite viewed their indentured servants as lazy "salvages"--the very scum of English society not above cannibalism during periods of need and the women little better .
- The maids suffer their indentured servitude with government sanction: those who flee their assigned households are breaking the Persian Gulf states' immigration laws.
- The demonstrators mostly ethnic Tamils, the descendants of 19th-cetury indentured laborers brought to Malaysia from South India by British colonists had planned to march on .
News & Articles
- College Grads Are Too Broke to Become Good Little Entrepreneurs
Besides forcing young college graduates into a decades-long penurious existence as veritable indentured servants to institutions of higher learning, there's another downside to our nation's $1 trillion student debt: it's stopping young people from starting business. Businesses! The lifeblood of Republicanism! Read more...
June 6, 2013 - Gawker
- The NSA, AT&T And The Secrets Of Room 641A
Our final observation on the matter of the US government, no longer accountable to anyone, and treating its citizens as indentured debt serfs who are entitled to precisely zero privacy rights , comes from Stephen Wolfson and " The NSA, AT&T And The Secrets Of Room 641A ." It is an impartial view of what is really going on in the world of communication surveillance. The reality is that while the ...
June 6, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Al Sharpton in Guardian Unlimited
When someone is handing you the actual papers of your blood relatives - indentured servants' papers and the tax rolls of where they were property - then it's no longer some objective, nebulous knowledge,Sharpton said. "It became an...
- Howie Carr in Earthtimes.org
Entercom is willing to negotiate my contract -- as long as the bottom line means keeping me as a virtual indentured servant,said Carr. "My lawyer suggested I not talk about this. What does he think, that I might say something...
- Robert Chambers in CNNMoney.com
If you're paying 19 percent (interest) for a car, it's like indentured servitude; you can almost never pay for it,Chambers said. "Then you add the repair cost and you add the fuel economy, and these people are never shown the new car...