untie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v undo the ties of
They untied the prisoner
- v cause to become loose
untie the knot
- They're excellent bed warmers, and small fingers can untie hopeless knots.
- There he acquired surgical dexterity by tying two pieces of catgut with his index and middle fingers inside a small cardboard box so securely that no one could untie them with .
- It's a bit much to ask Taylor Francis to untie that Gordian knot, but he's trying his best.
News & Articles
- GLSEN gears up for end-of-year Rainbow Show
In an exercise in collaborative problem solving, members of GLSEN Central NJ's Student Leadership Team — from left: Alysa Figueroa of Asbury Park, Santos Astacio of Long Branch, Joey Serpico of Long Branch, Scott Blechman of Holmdel, Madison Lipoff of Monroe Ximena Aparicio of Long Branch, Carol Watchler of Rooselvelt, Erixen Cruz of Pennington and Sadie Boetius of Neptune — work to untie a ...
June 20, 2013 - MyCentralJersey.com
- Witness: Doctor tried to untie her pants strings
Testimony wrapped up for the day at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in the trial of an emergency room doctor accused of 14 sex-related charges against four girls who stayed at his homes during his daughter’s sleepovers. The most compelling testimony may have been from the third of four alleged victims, who said she woke up when Dr. Keith Goldblum took down her covers and tried to untie her sweatpants ...
June 19, 2013 - WHIO-TV 7 Dayton
- Dmitry Medvedev in Telegraph.co.uk
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said that "our main shared goal is to untie the problem knots" among nations seeking nuclear nonproliferation and disarmament.
- Elio di Rupo in FOXNews
The king will have to untie this knot,said Elio Di Rupo, chairman of the French-speaking Socialists, part of the ruling coalition.
- Chipper Jones in Washington Post
I've been lucky to tutor under TP and learn from him,Jones said of Pendleton. "Heck, I remember when I was a rookie having to untie his shoes for him after the games because his back was so messed up and he couldn't bend down to do it. But...