- n relevant relation or interconnection
those issues have no bearing on our situation
- n the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
- n dignified manner or conduct
- n characteristic way of bearing one's body
- n heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
- n a rotating support placed between moving parts to allow them to move easily
- v have
- v cause to be born
- v put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- v move while holding up or supporting
- v bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
- v take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
- v contain or hold; have within
- v bring in
- v have on one's person
- v behave in a certain manner
- v have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices
- v support or hold in a certain manner
- v be pregnant with
She is bearing his child
- a (of a structural member) withstanding a weight or strain
- Some IVF clinics are already using AMH as an indicator of a woman's child-bearing potential, and cancer doctors look to AMH levels in ovarian cancer patients to determine whether .
- The Intellectual Exemplar: The scandal of the evangelical mind," Mark Noll wrote a decade ago in a book bearing precisely that title, ".
- Impressed by the material's load-bearing capacity (he calls cardboard "improved wood"), he thought of them again in 1995, after the Kobe earthquake, and used donated 34-ply tubes .
News & Articles
- Auburn Ball Bearing and Fairport Products Become Auburn Bearing & Manufacturing
Macedon, NY — Fairport Products purchased the Auburn Ball Bearing product line from M. D. Knowlton Company in August of 2006. Since that time the companies have been known as two separate entities – Fairport Products and Auburn Ball Bearing. Now the two will become one company known as Auburn Bearing Manufacturing. The business product offering, services, location and employees ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Istanbul: Protests have 'no bearing' on 2020 bid
The anti-government protests in Turkey "will have no bearing" on Istanbul's ability to host the 2020 Olympics, the bid committee said Wednesday. The Olympic bid has been rattled by the nearly ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Protests have 'no bearing' on 2020 Istanbul bid
The anti-government protests in Turkey "will have no bearing" on Istanbul's ability to host the 2020 Olympics, the bid committee said Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - ESPN
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I believe that,Obama said. "The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples' belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness."
- Ben Bernanke in MarketWatch
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said in his Jackson Hole speech that, in the current environment, "economic data bearing on past months or quarters may be less useful than usual for our forecasts of economic activity and inflation."
- Bill Belichick in USA Today
I don't think that anything in the past has much bearing on it,Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "A lot's happened since then. We'll start over, almost as if it's a new team."