- n a railcar where passengers ride
- n a vehicle with wheels drawn by one or more horses
- n characteristic way of bearing one's body
- n a machine part that carries something else
- n a small vehicle with four wheels in which a baby or child is pushed around
- A wooden horse head was attached to the front of the chuffing buggy in order to make it resemble a horse and carriage (Smith recommended the horse head be hollow to contain .
- As I passed the carriage, my windscreen shattered, says Porter, 46.
- I remember glancing down under the driver's carriage and telling my girlfriend not to look, and noticing how reassuring the warm bodies of the passengers felt as we crowded into a .
- Leonard Asper in Edmonton Sun
We are disappointed the regulator did not address structural issues - specifically fee-for-carriage - that we clearly said were required to address the challenges facing conventional television,CanWest president and CEO Leonard Asper said in...
- John Kerry in BusinessWeek
I applaud the parties for putting consumer interests first by reaching a new carriage contract, and for staying at the table until a deal was cut,Massachusetts Senator John Kerry said in an e-mailed statement.