coach : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
- n a person who gives private instruction (as in singing, acting, etc.)
- n a railcar where passengers ride
- n a carriage pulled by four horses with one driver
- n a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport
- v teach and supervise (someone); act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports
She is coaching the crew
- v drive a coach
News & Articles
- Alabama coach Nick Saban draws huge crowd in Athens
Alabama football coach Nick Saban traveled into Vol Country Tuesday for a benefit speaking engagement in Athens. The coach spoke in a tent filled with UT and Alabama fans about leadership and motivation, making the night about more than football.
June 12, 2013 - WATE 6 Knoxville
- Miami coach Jim Morris remains hospitalized; Gino DiMare gets his chance
Miami coach Jim Morris remains hospitalized; Gino DiMare gets his chance
June 12, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Soccer-Mexico coach has no intention of quitting
MEXICO CITY, June 12 (Reuters) - Underfire Mexico coach Jose de la Torre said he had no intention of quitting following his side's dismal performance in a goalless draw at home to Costa Rica in the World Cup qualifiers. "Never. I prepare every day to win, not to stand on the sidelines," he told reporters when asked if he had thought about stepping down. "There's no doubting that we haven't ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Bill Parcells in Seattle Times
I am in good health and feel lucky to have been able to coach in the NFL for an extended period of time,Parcells said. "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people...
- Rod Thorn in ESPN
We are very pleased to add Travis to our roster,said Thorn, who reportedly will be stepping down July 15. "He is a young, athletic player who will fit in very well with the style of play that [coach] Avery [Johnson] has installed."
- Lovie Smith in San Francisco Chronicle
Being the first black coach to lead this team, of course our players knew about it, and they wanted to help us make history,Smith said. "So I feel blessed to be in that position."