- n an anthology of articles on a related subject or an anthology of the works of a single author
- n a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport
- s providing for many things at once
an omnibus law
- Was it part of an omnibus appropriations bill? Q: It was JSM: It was so you just answered your own question sir.
- So when the House and Senate passed the omnibus crime bill later that year, people actually noticed.
- Such a move would not have been necessary had Senate Democrats come up with 60 votes to pass the omnibus appropriations bill, which Republican leadership opposes because of its .
News & Articles
- New gun bill draft eliminates pistol purchase permit system
A new version of an omnibus gun bill moving through the legislature would eliminate the state's pistol purchase permitting system, allow for concealed handgun permit holders to lock their weapons in cars on any educational campus, and carry in bars and restaurants.
June 11, 2013 - WRAL.com Raleigh
- Perry urged to sign bill to reduce exams
Six organizations representing a statewide coalition of advocates in favor of reducing the emphasis on high-stakes testing sent a joint letter to Gov. Rick Perry Monday morning urging him to sign House Bill 5 — the omnibus bill that would drastically reduce the number of state exams students must take and overhaul curriculum requirements for high school students. “Parents, teachers, education ...
June 9, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News
- Ohm Sweet OhmThe Average UK Home Uses 7.4 Channels of Communication
The role of the phone in communication is waning as consumers embrace other social and text-based methods of communication, according to Omnibus polling for KANA.
June 7, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- President Bush in Bloomberg
I am instructing Budget Director Jim Nussle to review options for dealing with wasteful spending in the omnibus bill,Bush said at a press conference in Washington.
- Tom Harkin in Forbes
The omnibus bill largely yields to the President's top-line budget numbers, but it also addresses some of the bottom-line priorities of the American people,said Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa. "The Grinch tried to steal Christmas, but we didn't...
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I am signing an imperfect omnibus bill because it's necessary for the ongoing functions of government,Obama said, adding that he would use it as a "departure point" for enacting new reforms.