- n gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise
- n a truck consisting of a tractor and trailer together
- n formation of masts, spars, sails, etc., on a vessel
- n a set of clothing (with accessories)
- n gear used in fishing
- n a vehicle with wheels drawn by one or more horses
- n the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme
- v arrange the outcome of by means of deceit
rig an election
- v manipulate in a fraudulent manner
- v connect or secure to
They rigged the bomb to the ignition
- v equip with sails or masts
rig a ship
- The oil rig was 100 miles from the Louisiana coast, but if McCain had listened hard, he could have heard environmentalists and Democrats grinding their teeth in opposition.
- As his rig crossed Florence, a group of rioters enraged over the Rodney King verdict rushed toward him, pulled him out of the cab and beat him to within an inch of his life.
- Thus, the falling rig count raises concern about the longer-term-supply outlook.
News & Articles
- Kosmos Energy Announces Rig Contract For Exploration Program
Kosmos Energy Ltd. (“Kosmos”) announced recently that it has signed a long-term rig agreement with a subsidiary of Atwood Oceanics, Inc. for the new build drillship Atwood Achiever. Currently under construction in South Korea, the rig is scheduled for completion in June of 2014 and expected to commence drilling operations in the second half of 2014. The signed agreement covers an initial period ...
June 19, 2013 - HydrocarbonOnline
- Big rig crashes, sparks grass fire
A big rig crashed on Highway 101, just south of San Miguel on Tuesday, sparking a small grass fire. It happened at around 3:15. CAL FIRE officials say the fire burned about a 100x100 foot section of grass.
June 18, 2013 - KSBY San Luis Obispo
- Ocean Rig UDW Inc. Announces Letter of Award for a 5 Well Drilling Contract for the Ocean Rig Skyros
Ocean Rig UDW Inc. , a global provider of offshore deepwater drilling services, announced today that it has received a Letter of Award for its ultra deepwater drillship "Ocean Rig Skyros," from ...
June 17, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Henry Waxman in BusinessWeek
If that happened, the lawmakers said, "BP's carelessness and complacency have inflicted a heavy toll on the Gulf, its inhabitants, and the workers on the rig."
- Gordon Brown in Ninemsn
A message should be sent from the whole of the United Kingdom that what is happening in Zimbabwe - failing to announce an election result, trying to rig an election result - is completely unacceptable,Brown told parliament.
- Barack Obama in Vancouver Sun
The day that the rig collapsed and fell to the bottom of the ocean, I had my team in the Oval Office that first day. Those who think we were either slow in our response of lacked urgency, don't know the facts,Obama said. "We understood...