- v regard something as probable or likely
The meteorologists are expecting rain for tomorrow
- v consider obligatory; request and expect
I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons
- v look forward to the probable occurrence of
We were expecting a visit from our relatives
- v consider reasonable or due
I'm expecting a full explanation as to why these files were destroyed
- v look forward to the birth of a child
She is expecting in March
- v be pregnant with
The are expecting another child in January
- While I was away earlier this week, I asked you which actors or series you dreamed of winning each category, which ones you'd settle for, and which ones you actually expect to win.
- Analysts expect businesses will be reluctant to hire until they are convinced the economy is on a firm path to recovery.
- Porters: If you're at a top-end hotel, international standards apply, so expect to fork over 500-1,000 won per bag.
- Chris Bosh in Kansas City Star
I expect us to compete for a championship,Bosh told ESPN. "I think both Dwyane and I, we both wanted an opportunity where right away we would be competing. : We're ready to sacrifice a lot of things in order to do that. It's not about the...
- Barack Obama in Xinhua
NEW YORK, Sept. 14 (Xinhua) -- US President Barack Obama, speaking one year after the financial storm, warned Wall Street that they "cannot resume taking risks without regard for consequences, and expect that next time, American taxpayers will be...
- Eliot Spitzer in Bloomberg
I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard that I expect of myself,Spitzer, 48, said at a Manhattan press conference.