deliver : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v deliver (a speech, oration, or idea)
- v bring to a destination, make a delivery
our local super market delivers
- v to surrender someone or something to another
the guard delivered the criminal to the police
- v free from harm or evil
- v hand over to the authorities of another country
- v pass down
deliver a judgment
- v utter (an exclamation, noise, etc.)
The students delivered a cry of joy
- v save from sins
- v carry out or perform
deliver an attack", "deliver a blow
- v relinquish possession or control over
- v throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball
The pitcher delivered the ball
- v cause to be born
- Governor Romney personally made the decision to deliver this speech sometime last week.
- The paperback book is the best technology to deliver that information to you.
- Barack Obama works on the speech that we would deliver after his strong showing on Super Tuesday in February.
News & Articles
- Kline to deliver weekly national address for GOP
Kline to deliver weekly national address for GOP (AP) — Minnesota Congressman John Kline is delivering the Republican Party's response to President Obama's weekly address. Kline's office says he will discuss the debate in Congress over student loan interest rates.
June 22, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Top diplomat Kerry battles to deliver on big ideas
WASHINGTON (AP) — In four months as secretary of state, John Kerry has certainly promised great things. Now he has to deliver.
June 22, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Kline to deliver Republican national address on student loans
Minnesota Congressman John Kline will deliver the weekly Republican national address Saturday morning, focusing on the looming rate increase for college student loans.
June 21, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- John McCain in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The $300 million represents "one dollar for every man, woman and child in the US - a small price to pay for helping to break the back of our oil dependency - and should deliver a power source at 30% of the current costs," McCain said.
- Barack Obama in A Pakistan News
We are now finally poised to deliver on the promise of real, meaningful health insurance reform,Obama told reporters. "With today's vote, we are now incredibly close to making health insurance reform a reality in this country."