- n acceptance of despair
- n a verbal act of admitting defeat
- n the delivery of a principal into lawful custody
- n the act of surrendering (usually under agreed conditions)
- v give up or agree to forgo to the power or possession of another
The last Taleban fighters finally surrendered
- v relinquish possession or control over
The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in
- The signatures on that surrender documentone flamboyant, one schoolboyishwere actually to alter the relationships between branches of the human race.
- If they choose not to surrender by the Wednesday deadline, the Al Qaeda remnants will have to fight or flee.
- He has already court-martialed so many for desertion or surrender that he can't very well surrender himself.
News & Articles
- UBS to exit banking business in India: source
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Swiss bank UBS AG will surrender its Indian banking license and close its banking unit, covering fixed income, forex operations and credit services, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Saturday. However, UBS will continue its corporate client service business, which includes mergers and acquisitions, equities and debt capital market services, said the ...
June 22, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Brooke Astor's son Anthony Marshall will FINALLY surrender to prison for swiping millions from his mother's fortune
A decrepit Anthony Marshall, will be wheeled into court this afternoon to finally surrender to prison for swiping millions of his philanthropist mother’s fortune, after exhausting a string of 11th-hour pleas for mercy. An appeals court yesterday slapped down Anthony Marshall’s last attempt to skirt jail time for...
June 21, 2013 - New York Post
- Breeder agrees to surrender most rabbits
An Indianapolis rabbit breeder has agreed to surrender hundreds of his animals, per an agreement reached in court Wednesday afternoon.
June 19, 2013 - WRTV Indianapolis
- Mitt Romney in Boston Globe (registration)
In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror,Romney told the conference.
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in Washington Post
We are prepared to risk our lives and we are prepared to risk our liberty, but we are not prepared to surrender our great nation to the militants,Bhutto told journalists who packed into her compound in this coastal city.
- Billy Martin in San Jose Mercury News
From the beginning, Mr. Vick has accepted responsibility for his actions, and his self-surrender further demonstrates that acceptance,Martin said in a statement. "Michael wants to again apologize to everyone who has been hurt in this...