- n massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws
- n an investor with a pessimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to fall and so sells now in order to buy later at a lower price
- v have
bear a resemblance
bear a signature
- v cause to be born
- v put up with something or somebody unpleasant
I cannot bear his constant criticism
- v move while holding up or supporting
bear a heavy load
- v bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
- v take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
She agreed to bear the responsibility
- v contain or hold; have within
- v bring in
- v have on one's person
bear a scar
- v behave in a certain manner
- v have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices
She bears the title of Duchess
- v support or hold in a certain manner
- v be pregnant with
She is bearing his child
- A mother polar bear sleeps on the frozen tundra with her cub.
- It may be beloved by kids and adults around the world, but the teddy bear is no stranger to international disputes.
- The government plans to delay its decision to put the polar bear on the endangered list until after it leases 30 million acres near Alaska for oil and gas drilling.
News & Articles
- Bear Spotted In Newington
NEWINGTON – Police tracked a bear through back yards Tuesday afternoon before the animal disappeared into woods near Main Street and Harding Avenue. “It didn’t make any aggressive actions,” Sgt. Christopher Perry said of the bear, which he described as …
June 12, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- Bear spotted on campus, near Academic Village
Sightings of a bear on UCF campus, as well as near Academic Village, were reported Tuesday to the UCF Police Department.
June 12, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- Bear Bites: Sedrick Ellis Signed
Welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears. Read on for the latest on the Bears' newest signing, Jay Cutler feeling old, and what went wrong with Gabe Carimi. Photo Credit: Getty Images
June 12, 2013 - NBC Chicago
- Joe Barton in The Associated Press
BP should bear the full financial responsibility for the accident,he said, and "fully compensate those families and businesses that have been hurt by this accident."
- Samuel Alito in ABC News
It is clear that the framers and ratifiers of the Fourteenth Amendment counted the right to keep and bear arms among those fundamental rights necessary to our system of ordered liberty,wrote Justice Samuel Alito for the five-four majority.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I believe that,Obama said. "The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples' belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness."