- n uncastrated adult male of domestic cattle
- n a large and strong and heavyset man
he was a bull of a man
- n obscene words for unacceptable behavior
I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk
what he said was mostly bull
- n a serious and ludicrous blunder
he made a bad bull of the assignment
- n uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- n an investor with an optimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to rise and so buys now for resale later
- n (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Taurus
- n the second sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about April 20 to May 20
- n the center of a target
- n a formal proclamation issued by the pope (usually written in antiquated characters and sealed with a leaden bulla)
- n mature male of various mammals of which the female is called `cow'; e.g. whales or elephants or especially cattle
- v push or force
He bulled through his demands
- v try to raise the price of stocks through speculative buying
- v speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths
- v advance in price
stocks were bulling
- In Mexico City's bull ring last Sunday afternoon 24,000 men women (a capacity crowd) paid $25,000 (boxoffice prices, not including scalpers' prices) to see three matadors risk.
- Shouts of men, screams of women, and the deep bellowing of a bull deeply wronged, enlivened, last week, the vivacious street life of downtown Madrid.
- Justin McBride has earned over $5 million as a professional bull rider, more than anyone in the sport's history.
- Brett Favre in International Herald Tribune
You don't worry about my legacy,Favre said. "And, you know, it's a bunch of bull. It's all it is."
- Howard Stern in FOXNews
At this point, I don't think he's very relevant,Stern says. "People will tune out within a week. I defy you to listen. It's like a rodeo _ you know, see how long you can ride a bull? See how long you can keep listening to Imus. Time it....
- Jimmy Fallon in FOXNews
I need to be the Red Bull of late night,Fallon says.