bull : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n uncastrated adult male of domestic cattle
- n a large and strong and heavyset man
he was a bull of a man
- n obscene words for unacceptable behavior
I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk
what he said was mostly bull
- n a serious and ludicrous blunder
he made a bad bull of the assignment
- n uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- n an investor with an optimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to rise and so buys now for resale later
- n (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Taurus
- n the second sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about April 20 to May 20
- n the center of a target
- n a formal proclamation issued by the pope (usually written in antiquated characters and sealed with a leaden bulla)
- n mature male of various mammals of which the female is called `cow'; e.g. whales or elephants or especially cattle
- v push or force
He bulled through his demands
- v try to raise the price of stocks through speculative buying
- v speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths
- v advance in price
stocks were bulling
- Shouts of men, screams of women, and the deep bellowing of a bull deeply wronged, enlivened, last week, the vivacious street life of downtown Madrid.
- Ride a bull for a living, and you can be the richest rag doll on earth.
- When he has the bull under complete control, Parrita will incite the bull to charge, then look up into the gallery as the bull passes him, depending only on the feel of the .
- Brett Favre in International Herald Tribune
You don't worry about my legacy,Favre said. "And, you know, it's a bunch of bull. It's all it is."
- Howard Stern in FOXNews
At this point, I don't think he's very relevant,Stern says. "People will tune out within a week. I defy you to listen. It's like a rodeo _ you know, see how long you can ride a bull? See how long you can keep listening to Imus. Time it....
- Jimmy Fallon in FOXNews
I need to be the Red Bull of late night,Fallon says.