bruiser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a large and strong and heavyset man
a thick-skinned bruiser ready to give as good as he got
- Yeoh's glorious balancing act with a plate of tofu is rightly famed: she never lets it touch the ground while successfully fending off an arrogant bruiser.
- A sample: in Joe's first fight, the referee, a ghastly old bruiser, turns out to be the brother of Joe's opponent.
- The name evokes a heavyweight political bruiser just by its sound, but Biffo is also an acronym: it stands for Big Ignorant F From Offaly, the county in the Irish midlands where .
News & Articles
- Hawks can count on Keith to log heavy minutes
Quenneville says defenseman at 'elite status as far as his conditioning' Defenseman Duncan Keith isn't noticed for being a muscle-bound bruiser at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds. But his physical gift of logging ironman minutes is just as essential as hard hits to the Blackhawks.
June 16, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Top 50 big Reid Travis to visit Gonzaga, continue working on his versatility
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va — Reid Travis is as tough as they come on the basketball court. A 6-foot-8, 240 lb bruiser, Travis has developed a reputation for himself nationally as a bully in the paint. He’s a double-double machine with a nose for the ball and a sense of how to gain position down-low. He finishes…
June 13, 2013 - NBC Sports: Beyond the Arc