- n domestic swine
- n a coarse obnoxious person
- n a person regarded as greedy and pig-like
- n uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- n mold consisting of a bed of sand in which pig iron is cast
- n a crude block of metal (lead or iron) poured from a smelting furnace
- v live like a pig, in squalor
- v eat greedily
- v give birth
- Best-documented version of its founding: about 1790 a group of convivial undergraduates, who were wont to dine on roast pig at Abel Moore's tavern, formed the Pig Club, met .
- While it's true that pigs are a potent reservoir for potentially virulent flu strains, there's no telling where or in which species the current H1N1 swine flu originated.
- In Vietnam, believers in the Chinese zodiac are rushing to give birth this year, hoping their offspring will be born under the auspicious 'golden pig' sign.
News & Articles
- Kiss A Pig For RAGBRAI
A lot of people kiss their pets from time to time, but what about a pig? Thursday night in Council Bluffs people were paying money to kiss a pig.
June 14, 2013 - WOWT Omaha
- Pig out on zampone
Zampone is high-art charcuterie even among skilled butchers: the Italian craft of deboning and then stuffing pigs’ feet, or “trotters” as they’re often known. Think of it as a sausage stuffed into the skin of the pig, rather than in a casing. You’ll find zampone these days at The Biltmore Bar & Grille in Newton, and occasionally at other spots around Boston.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- More Junk Science: Is the Carman Pig Study “Seralini 2.0”?
A new pig feeding study authored by Australian researcher Judy Carman, and Maurice, Iowa farmer Howard Vlieger, claims that pigs fed genetically modified (GM) corn and genetically modified (GM) soybean meal showed increased incidence stomach inflammation. This study was authored by two veteran anti-biotech campaigners, Judy Carman and Howard Vlieger, and was published in an obscure online ...
June 12, 2013 - BIO
- Barack Obama in ABC News
The failed policies of John McCain would be the pig,Obama says. "I mean, just following the logic of this illogical situation."
- Mel Gibson in NEWS.com.au
You're an embarrassment to me,Gibson reportedly told her at one point. "You look like af***ing pig in heat, and if you get raped by a pack of n******, it will be your fault."