- v destroy completely
Fire had devoured our home
- v enjoy avidly
She devoured his novels
- v eat immoderately
- v eat greedily
he devoured three sandwiches
- Most important, they devour carbon dioxide, the primary culprit in global warming.
- The best cure for destructive sprawl is to build cities people don't want to abandon, places where they can live healthy, fulfilling lives in densities that don't devour our .
- But get rid of all the gossypol, as plant breeders did in the 1950s, and insects will devour the defenseless cotton.
News & Articles
- Sun, wind speed up Merion greens but rough stays soggy at U.S. Open
ARDMORE -- Conditions have radically changed at Merion just in the last couple of hours. It must be delighting the USGA because this course is beginning to devour the top echelon.We began to get full sun at about 10:30. The...
June 14, 2013 - The Patriot-News
- Last real man in the West
This time every year, I line up DVDs of all the great prime- time dramas I missed during the season and devour them, one by one.
June 14, 2013 - Philly.com
- The Intern's Desk: The logic of banning books in Clarke County
THEY'VE HEARD IT ALREADY: The parents of a seventh-grader at Burney-Harris-Lyons Middle School are asking the Clarke County Board of Education to overturn a decision by Clarke County Schools Superintendent Phil Lanoue not to ban the Tomas Rivera book titled "And the Earth Did Not Devour Him." The award-winning book is, according to a Thursday news story in this newspaper, a story of "a Mexican ...
June 13, 2013 - Athens Banner-Herald
- Nicholas Kenyon in BBC News
He hosted more than 1,000 editions of Radio 2's Arts Programme, and Mr Kenyon said he was "interested in everything". "That was the extraordinary voracious sense with which every week on that programme he would devour whatever was going on."
- Dave Ramsey in INDYchannel.com
The Bible says he who spends more than he makes is a fool. You know, if you devour everything you make you're a fool. Well, no kidding,said Ramsey, whose Financial Peace University courses are offered at churches across the country.
- Don Perata in Tri-Valley Herald
We cannot allow the subprime mortgage crisis to devour California communities one by one,state Senate President Pro Tem Don Perata, D-Oakland, told reporters outside a home whose owner nearly lost to the subprime crisis.