consume : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v eat immoderately
- v serve oneself to, or consume regularly
- v spend extravagantly
- v destroy completely
The fire consumed the building
- v use up (resources or materials)
this car consumes a lot of gas
- v engage fully
The effort to pass the exam consumed all his energy
- News about consumer behavior.
- If you are against a consumer regulatory agency, then everybody will say youre against consumer regulation.
- Strong evidence is emerging that consumer spending, a bulwark against recession over the last year even as energy prices surged and the housing market sputtered, has begun to slow .
News & Articles
- Front-loaders save water and kilowatts
Sideways tubs are kinder to clothes and the environment Portlanders consume an average of 60 gallons of water a day — about 13 gallons of it just to wash clothes — according to the Portland Water Bureau. It may be time to consider a front-loading washing machine, which uses far less water and energy. That means savings on your utility bills. How they work Most top-loading machines need full tubs ...
June 13, 2013 - Portland Tribune
- Seattle tells state regulators it wants pot tourism
The city of Seattle embraces pot tourism and wants state regulators to consider allowing private clubs for visitors to consume marijuana in, according to a letter sent to state regulators by City Attorney Pete Holmes. Mayor Mike McGinn supports the letter. City Council President Sally Clark sai
June 13, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Yappn Launches Global Event and Broadcast Platform for Trade Shows, Meetings and Conferences
Yappn Corp. is pleased to announce that its development platform, Yappn , an upcoming online multi-lingual social community where people can meet, chat, engage and consume media in almost 70 languages, ...
June 13, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Steve Jobs in TechNewsWorld
Jobs pointed to the "avalanche" of media outlets offering content for Apple's mobile devices -- which do not support Flash -- as proof that Flash is "no longer necessary to watch video or consume any kind of Web content."
- Barack Obama in The Hill (blog)
President Obama has said, "We cannot rebuild this economy on the same pile of sand. We must move us from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest; where we consume less at home and send more exports abroad."
- Ty Pennington in WLWT
We all make mistakes, however this is about accountability. Under no circumstances should anyone consume alcohol while driving,Pennington said in the statement. "I could have jeopardized the lives of others and I am grateful there was no...