- v take in solid food
She was eating a banana
What did you eat for dinner last night?
- v eat a meal; take a meal
We did not eat until 10 P.M. because there were so many phone calls
I didn't eat yet, so I gladly accept your invitation
- v take in food; used of animals only
This dog doesn't eat certain kinds of meat
What do whales eat?
- v worry or cause anxiety in a persistent way
What's eating you?
- v use up (resources or materials)
- v cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid
- They're packed with protein and environmentally friendlier than other meat.
- Q A: With renewed focus on high-mercury tuna, one public-health expert says the real danger is that we're not eating enough fish.
- For eating disorder educators, the very language of the sites can provide invaluable hints into a troubled psyche.
News & Articles
- Eat pizza and help Madeline
Madeline’s Milestones will host a weeklong fundraising event from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. from Monday, July 8 to Sunday, July 14 at Tony Roni’s, 4911 Township Line Road in Drexel Hill. Tony Roni’s will donate 10 percent of Madeline’s Milestones sales to the cause. Call 610-449-7664 or stop in the restaurant to place an order. Madeline’s Milestones was created after Madeline Bozzone was born with ...
July 2, 2013 - Springfield Press
- Fiber-rich grains tied to lower diabetes risk
By Genevra Pittman NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - People who eat a diet high in fiber-rich whole grains are less likely to develop diabetes or heart disease, according to a review of past studies. The analysis was conducted for the American Society for Nutrition. In a position statement, the group said evidence suggests foods with cereal fiber or mixtures of whole grains and bran are "modestly ...
July 2, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Eating Healthy Fats During Pregnancy May Reduce Baby's Autism Risk
Women who eat certain types of "healthy fat" during pregnancy may reduce their risk of having a child with autism, a new study suggests.
July 2, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
It's pro bike racing, it's dog eat dog,Armstrong said. "One day you're the peace maker and the rational mind, and the next day you're taking advantage of every opportunity."
- Ayman al-Zawahri in FOX News
Launch ambushes, land mines, raids and suicidal combats until you consume them as the lions and eat their prey,al-Zawahiri added.
- Jered Weaver in Los Angeles Times
I'm sure you guys are going to eat this up a lot more than I am,Weaver said to reporters. "I don't consider it a no-hitter for me."