wipe out :
- v use up (resources or materials)
- v kill in large numbers
- v eliminate completely and without a trace
- v remove from memory or existence
- v mark for deletion, rub off, or erase
- v wipe out the effect of something
News & Articles
- Widening of I-94, I-75 in high-congestion areas approved despite protests
Elements of the plan were protested by a crowd of activists who said service drives will dig into neighborhoods, hinder pedestrian and bike routes and wipe out institutions including a historic music studio and a charter school. But officials said the highway improvements are critical to freight traffic, which they expect to grow with the construction of a new bridge to Canada.
June 21, 2013 - MLive Detroit
- The end of sockeye salmon?
A massive mine proposal could wipe out half of the world's remaining wild population
June 20, 2013 - Salon.com
- March 6, 1992: False Alarm
The doomsday that wasn’t: MS-DOS users are quaking in their boots over reports that the Michelangelo computer virus has infected their computers and is going to wipe out all their data on this date.
June 20, 2013 - Wired News