- v use up (resources or materials)
- That means devising new building materials, so China doesn't deplete its soil to make bricks.
- Jimmy Carter derisively charged that his schemes would so deplete the Treasury that the Government could not afford to keep even "the night watchman at the Lincoln Memorial.
- But many parents and students say they have little choice other than to deplete their savings or grapple with high interest rates down the road.
- Ahmed Aboul Gheit in ABC News
Ahead of Rice's stop in Egypt, the country's Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit accused some in Israel of trying to "deplete American efforts" to have a real peace agreement between the two sides for the peace meeting, tentatively set to take...
- George Voinovich in SI.com
Without this compact, the Great Lakes are left vulnerable to interests that want to deplete the lakes,said Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio.
- Ban Ki-moon in AFP
Science has shown we are depleting the planet?s natural assets at an unsustainable rate,Ban said. "We all realise poverty cannot be overcome if we neglect the environment or deplete our natural capital."