- n a ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element; occurs in various minerals but is the only metal that occurs abundantly in large masses; used as an electrical and thermal conductor
- n a copper penny
- n uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- n a reddish-brown color resembling the color of polished copper
- n any of various small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae having coppery wings
- v coat with a layer of copper
- Although 90% occupied with defense business, Revere Copper Brass, copper fabricator, last week revealed that it had laid off 1,100 workers, 12% of its working force.
- In the kingdom of copper there are two major provinces.
- In the face of a commodity decline which has caused such losses in the past five months as 15% for wheat, 16% for silver, 13% for lead, copper long stayed firm at 18.
- Anna Bligh in PressZoom (press release)
This is great news for Queensland and the Queensland economy,Ms Bligh said today. "Frankly, it's a relief to have this issue behind us. We can now move full steam ahead with projects like LNG in Gladstone and Ernest Henry copper mine in Mt...
- Robert Mugabe in International Herald Tribune
Many countries have oil, gold, diamond, copper, platinum - but we cannot put our acts together. We must unite not just politically but also economically,Mugabe said.
- Ian Macdonald in FOXNews
We are even seeing problems at cemeteries with the stealing of copperfrom grave sites, Macdonald told reporters.