- n something that is a counterfeit; not what it seems to be
- n a person who makes deceitful pretenses
- n (football) a deceptive move made by a football player
- v make a copy of with the intent to deceive
he faked the signature
- v tamper, with the purpose of deception
- v speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths
The politician was not well prepared for the debate and faked it
- s fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
- s not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; it's real synthetic fur"
it isn't fake anything
- It would have been a lot more exciting to know before we fake made out.
- In early 1998, customs officials found fake Treasury notes hidden in the suitcase of a Filipino Jesuit priest.
- Following on from Bill Powell's post below about the fake People's Daily editor, it is well worth noting that while there are undoubtedly many con artists like this around .
- Michael Bloomberg in Reuters
While the bombs these terrorists attempted to plant tonight were -- unbeknownst to them -- fake, this latest attempt to attack our freedoms shows that the homeland security threats against New York City are sadly all too real,New York Mayor...
- Tyra Banks in FOXNews
I don't want to sit in front of you and be soap-boxy and fake and say, `I love myself, I'm beautiful, it's great,'says Banks, who is 5 feet 10 inches tall. "I still feel hot, but every day is different. It's when I put on the jeans that...
- Kathleen Turner in Moviehole
Oh, that stupid voice of his and the fake teeth! Honestly, I cringe to think about it, Turner says in "Send Yourself Roses". "He caused so many problems. He was arrested twice for drunk driving and, I think, once for stealing a dog....