faux : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; it's real synthetic fur"
- A 24-year-old Brooklyn musician named Michael Gregory has combined a number of evening news broadcast clips and turned them into a vaguely acceptable faux RB series called Auto .
- Just as it is a bloomer to talk about the price of sea foods to a man whose wife has died of oyster ptomainea faux pas to discuss prohibition in a house recently disgraced by .
- From Kim Jong Il's khaki unitard to Putin's bare-chested bravado, PTI examines the many fashion faux pas committed on the world stage.
News & Articles
- What's with Those Octopus Pants Billy Horschel is Wearing?
COMMENTARY -- Billy Horschel is making several major fashion faux pas on Sunday in the final round of the 2013 U.S. Open. Let me count the ways. Eight. Eight ways.
June 16, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Cross column: Soon, I'll be fishing with a grandkid
Today is Father’s Day, that annual faux holiday when we dads are honored with extra attention, cards, perhaps even a gift. But if we’re really lucky, we get a free pass for the day, an opportunity to grab the golf clubs or fishing tackle unfettered by honey-do lists or other familial duties.
June 16, 2013 - Mankato Free Press
- Jim Dey: Punishing candor will make truth more elusive
In an age of sickening political correctness and strategic faux outrage, it's getting tough on people who like to lighten things up with a joke or two. In an age of sickening political correctness and strategic faux outrage, it's getting tough on people who like to lighten things up with a joke or two. Just ask Gordon Gee, the soon-to-be-former president of Ohio State University. He's a guy who ...
June 15, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com