- s fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
- In its contracts with publishers, the powerful International Typographical Union usually insists on a gimmick known as "bogus.
- The FAA would insist that bogus parts had never caused a plane to crash, and that there was no increase in the number of bogus parts, just more reports.
- MySpace identified the problem last Thursday and within 24 hours had scrubbed Keys' page of all bogus links, according to MySpace's chief security officer, Hemanshu Nigam.
News & Articles
- D.C. ticket writer victim of bogus ticket
Christopher Daignault has been fighting for six months what he says is a bogus parking ticket on a car he doesn't own and a license plate he reported lost in September of 2010.
June 20, 2013 - WTOP Radio Washington, DC
- Kaspersky Lab Report: 37.3 Million Users Experienced Phishing Attacks in the Last Year
--Bogus search and email services, social networks, banks, financial organizations and e-shops are often used to cheat the unwary SINGAPORE, June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the results of Kaspersky ...
June 20, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- UT-Arlington returns to normal after bogus threat
UT-Arlington returns to normal after bogus threat The school returned to regular operations around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday after an emergency alert advisory indicated the "threat has passed." UTA spokeswoman Kristin Sullivan says police earlier Wednesday received a call from a woman saying a man with a gun was traveling to the school.
June 19, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Mark Sanford in International Herald Tribune
Gov. Mark Sanford of South Carolina called the EPA requirement "a totally bogus government mandate" at Sunday's energy forum.
- Paul Wolfowitz in Boston Globe (registration)
I will not resign in the face of a plainly bogus charge of conflict of interest,Wolfowitz told a bank committee exploring whether he obtained a handsome pay raise for his companion , Shaha Ali Riza .
- Willie Herenton in MyFox Memphis
Sidney Chism, a longtime friend and Herenton's congressional campaign manager, told The Associated Press that Herenton called the probe "a lot of bogus accusations."