- n a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives
- s fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
- It's all phony, of course.
- But Jennifer Rubin's drivel is an exemplar of the kind of phony-baloney propaganda that we've seen, sadly, from Republicans in recent years, since their "new" ideas either grew old .
- Last Friday Falwell said on CNN that his use of phony was "unfortunate," and wired an apology to Tutu.
News & Articles
- Woman in court for phony police report says she wanted attention
BLOOMINGTON — A 23-year-old Normal woman told police she was looking for attention when she allegedly filed a phony police report about being stopped by a man pretending to be a cop.
June 14, 2013 - The Pantagraph
- Phony FedEx workers wanted for home invasion
QUEENS (PIX11) – New video of two phony FedEx workers wanted for a home invasion in Queens has surfaced. According to police, one of the suspects forced his way into the home in Howard Beach while the other acted as …
June 13, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- Phony NY charity ordered to pay back $4.6 million
MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) - A New York judge has ordered a telemarketing company shut down earlier this year for running a phony breast cancer charity to pay a total of $4.6 million.
June 12, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Barack Obama in CNN
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (AP) -- Broadening his attack, Sen. Barack Obama said Saturday that Sen. Hillary Clinton's support for a summertime break from the federal gasoline tax symbolizes a candidacy consisting of "phony ideas, calculated to win...