- n a member of a people with dark skin and hair who speak Romany and who traditionally live by seasonal work and fortunetelling; they are believed to have originated in northern India but now are living on all continents (but mostly in Europe, North Africa, and North America)
- n a native or inhabitant of Bohemia in the Czech Republic
- n a nonconformist writer or artist who lives an unconventional life
- a of or relating to Bohemia or its language or people
- s unconventional in especially appearance and behavior
a bohemian life style
- An ardent believer in the virtue of the bourgeois bohemian, Brooks regards the age of the bourgeois-bohemian as the end of history.
- He did a deeply American thing: he took a bohemian subculture and infused it with the hard edged, competitive ethos of capitalism.
- Like Rybakov himself, Sasha Pankratov, the student hero of Arbat, lived in the capital's bohemian Arbat district during the '30s.
- Ben Elton in International Herald Tribune
They are very much my generation,the 47-year-old Elton says. "I left home when I was 16 to go away to college to study drama, and the very week I left, Queen went to No. 1 with 'Bohemian Rhapsody.' ......but I certainly didn't pursue them...
- Robert Redford in Seattle Times
At 18, I went to the University of Colorado. I was asked to leave after a year. I went to Europe to study art,Redford says during an interview at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. "I was living a very Bohemian life with a lot of other students. They...