- n intentional deception resulting in injury to another person
- n a person who makes deceitful pretenses
- n something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage
- He reported that in the years following publication of the prayer study, Wirth and an accomplice had been indicted on felony charges, including 13 counts of mail fraud and 12 .
- About 200,000 votes have been thrown out of the tally of Afghan election results because of fraud, an election official said Tuesday.
- When PTI called Cynthia Cooper in 2002 for an on-the-record interview her first since she had uncovered massive fraud in the WorldCom accounting books, which would eventually .
News & Articles
- Man charged with fraud after driving truck into creek, reporting it stolen
A Beaufort County Man is charged with insurance fraud after he drove his truck into a creek and reported it stolen nearly five years ago. In July of 2008, 38-year-old Jerry Wayne Davis reported his 2008
June 26, 2013 - WNCT Greenville
- USPS, Intuit, Aviva and Security Expert Andras Cser to Share Cybercrime Fighting Techniques at iovation Fraud Force ...
iovation, protecting business from Internet fraud and identifying good online customers leveraging the world's most comprehensive device reputation database, today unveiled the list of speakers at its ...
June 26, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Criminals Beware, Fraud Investigators Take To Social Media
Chris Mathers is a crime fighter and has also worked undercover for law enforcement agencies in Canada and the U.S. Today, he spoke at the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners conference in Las Vegas and gave these words of wisdom to the audience, "People don't steal money to save it." He has a point. When Madoff was busted he had a place in Palm Beach, a yacht, some nice watches, a ...
June 25, 2013 - Forbes
- Ben Bernanke in USA Today
Bernanke told the conference, organized by the Chicago Fed, that the central bank "will do all that we can to prevent fraud and abusive lending and to ensure that lenders employ sound underwriting practices and make effective disclosures to...
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg in USA Today
We will root out the waste, fraud, and abuse in our Medicare program that doesn't make our seniors any healthier, and we will restore a sense of fairness and balance to our tax code by finally ending the tax breaks for corporations that ship our... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Economic Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Infotech/No-tax-cuts-for-outsourcing-Obama/articleshow/4189840.cms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGq74U2Uu85KMV1jDE4jxvjC1Ef7A Feb 25, 2009
39732 51070 fraud In sending Skilling's case back for more hearings, Ginsburg said, Because Skilling's misconduct entailed no bribe or kickback, he did not conspire to commit honest-services fraud under our confined construction of (the law)."