- n pretentious or silly talk or writing
- n communication (written or spoken) intended to deceive
- n something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage
- v trick or deceive
- So maybe all Ebenezer Scrooge needed was a spin doctor, someone who would warn him to stop calling the Christmas spirit "humbug" and reterm it "misguided compassion.
- Bah humbug to all of those, I said.
- Bah, humbug, says Cori Pursell, 45, a mother of two from Overland Park, Kans.
News & Articles
- PG&E decides to suspend timber harvesting in Humbug Valley
Samantha P. Hawthorne Staff Writer 6/10/2013 Pacific Gas & Electric Co. has decided to suspend further timber harvesting in Humbug Valley, pending a land transfer recommendation from the Stewardship Council. In 2004, the Stewardship Council was formed as part of the utility company’s bankruptcy settlement agreement. The agreement allows for the council to make recommendations for title ...
June 10, 2013 - Plumas County News
- Matthew Hoggard in NEWS.com.au
It doesn't really feel like Christmas,Hoggard said. "It is just another Christmas you forget. Bah humbug."
- Marty Markowitz in New York Daily News
It's the holidays. New York City shouldn't be Scrooge,Markowitz said. "In these situations, there should be a combination of common sense and holiday spirit instead of humbug."
- Winston Peters in TVNZ
The idea that every Maori is innocent, that every purpose they have is right and lawful, is absolute total humbug,Peters says. "Across the population of our country, there are some activities which are suspect and in the interests of our...